Tuesday 23 April 2013

South Africa is not so far away from New York



Even though I have an intense desire to pack up my life and move to New York...South Africa will always have a special place in my heart. I am a proud South African! Since the 2010 soccer world cup, it seems that interest in South Africa has grown around the world. People got a glimpse into the world of South Africans and people finally started to see the beauty of this country as well as the fact that South Africans do not live in huts or have animals roaming in the streets.

Apart from the world cup, South Africa can boast the upbringing of a truly inspirational man...Nelson Mandela. Nelson Mandela has made an impact in countries all over the world and New York has decided to put that inspiration on display!

A film instillation, which celebrates Nelson Mandela, is taking over the electronic billboards in Times Square this month. The short presentation will be played every night this month just before midnight and will include inspirational quotes used by Mandela.

This is really an amazing concept and I feel like a proud parent! South Africa has had its fair share of hardships and negative attention, but once in a while we produce something truly spectacular and I am honored to say that I come from a country who produced a man like Nelson Mandela!

No comments:

Post a Comment